Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:50:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, I am Maija  (Read 13830 times)
Mustikkapuu

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »

Hello, I am Maija from Finland, I received my BA in new media last year. My goal is to create a notgame during 2010 as a showcase item so I can apply to the game design masters degree programme in Medialab in Helsinki.

I feel completely presumptuous and tiny coming amidst all you brilliant minds here, writing fabulous and exciting things. I think I'll mostly be a quiet, listening student during my stay Smiley

I've very little credentials beyond writing and producing a lot of nordic-style/freeform/no-rules live roleplay events (an era which is behind me now) from which I'd really like to see video games draw influence from, and I hope I can incorporate some of that experience into a digital project.

Besides notgames, I'm curious of storytelling, digital text readability and layout, computer parts recycling and equal rights in the evermore technology-driven society.

Maija K
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »

Welcome  Cheesy

That sounds like quite an interesting background.  I can't wait to see how it influences your work!

Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »

Oh, live roleplaying! I've tried that a little... certainly has something to do with what we're talking about here.

You also made me remember watching a TV-show from Finland (like 10 years ago) about teenagers playing live roleplaying games in the forests, me and my sister thought it was the coolest Smiley
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »

I have NO credentials and they let me in. So welcome! Smiley

Irony is for cowards.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »

Welcome, Maija. I do hope you'll get involved. And don't hesitate to ask for feedback on ideas.
We're all here to learn! Smiley
increpare
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 01:05:26 AM »

My goal is to create a notgame during 2010 as a showcase item so I can apply to the game design masters degree programme in Medialab in Helsinki.
Oh you come across as so mercenary, but I think that, deep down, your real reason for desiring to make a notgame is one of ineluctable aesthetic drive, right?  Wink

I think I'll mostly be a quiet, listening student during my stay Smiley
Don't hold back man!

I hope I can incorporate some of that experience into a digital project.
Going to get started on it right away, or?
Kaworu Nagisa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 11:45:11 AM »

Brilliant minds!  Cheesy

The world needs organization ^_^
Mustikkapuu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 10:14:03 AM »

My goal is to create a notgame during 2010 as a showcase item so I can apply to the game design masters degree programme in Medialab in Helsinki.
Oh you come across as so mercenary, but I think that, deep down, your real reason for desiring to make a notgame is one of ineluctable aesthetic drive, right?  Wink

What, mercenary? What makes you say so? Smiley

I wouldn't say I'm driven by aesthetic drive exactly, more like a horrible need to create these things.

I hope I can incorporate some of that experience into a digital project.
Going to get started on it right away, or?

I'm getting new hardware in April-ish so I'm not technically doing anything before that, but I'm on manuscript level with my project. The working title is Aunt Hortensia and it's about a weekend with a girl and her aunt in the countryside, very loosely based on short stories by Mika Waltari. It's mostly based around the character and the AI of the aunt, and in (a kind of a) self-typable dialogue. And no, it won't be a Facade knock-off Smiley
increpare
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »

What, mercenary? What makes you say so? Smiley
A joke, interpreting what you said as 'I only want to make this so that I can apply to the game design masters, and for no other reason'.

Sounds like an interesting project anyway.  Why will it require new hardware?
Mustikkapuu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »

Sounds like an interesting project anyway.  Why will it require new hardware?

Because my poor computer is eight years old Smiley
Kaworu Nagisa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 11:12:36 AM »

Off with his CPU!

PC's, that is.

The world needs organization ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: