Notgames Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:37:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The effect of criticism  (Read 5010 times)
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« on: March 02, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »

Almost three years after its release, somebody finally writes a critique of The Path! As opposed to a review.

This is not exactly fair. There have been a few other critique-like pieces. And some actual academic research.

Anyway, the point I want to make is this: this critique inspired me to make a game! No review ever did that for me. I guess reviews are aimed at the public and don't care about the creator or even the medium. Thanks to this critique, however, I now know what the sequel to The Path will be. This makes me very happy. And I'm sure many of our fans (=part of the public, right?) too.

If only we had more articles like these! Our medium would grow by leaps and bounds!
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »

I'm glad you got something out of it. I'm also happy to hear you want to make a sequel!

However, it's like reading an academic paper. I couldn't get through the first paragraph. Why are some people incapable of writing in plain english? Are they out to impress everyone? Are they trying to justify the tuition for that liberal arts degree? Intellectual diarrhea. Blech.

Anyway, something caught my eye skimming over it, she claims every girl winds up dead with their broken body shown at the end. I don't remember any broken bodies. It's implied that a few of the girls die but it seems far from certain for all of them. I remember one reviewer claiming The Path was a rape simulator. I guess see what they want to see, even if they make it up.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:42:39 PM by ghostwheel » Logged

Irony is for cowards.
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »

Nice! I liked it - some interesting points about nets, linearity, exploration and rebellion. Smiley

Anyway, something caught my eye skimming over it, she claims every girl winds up dead with their broken body shown at the end. I don't remember any broken bodies. It's implied that a few of the girls die but it seems far from certain for all of them.

I'm pretty sure the article is referring to the 2D images that flash briefly at the end of the grandmother's house sequence for each girl.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: