Notgames Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:16:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Tale of Two Tales  (Read 6227 times)
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »

We've made a short documentary about what we've been doing in the past 18 months. Have a look!

It's about the dual prototyping experiment we did for Cncntrc and The Book of 8. There's some footage of multiple prototypes in there too.
troshinsky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »

The Cncntrc prototype actually looks really good. It´s not a surprise that you are somehow disapointed given the disconected process you choose, but even if you are not fully satisfied wouldn´t it be unfair to not allow the audience to judge by themselves? I would release it if I were you, if only to learn from what kind of impression it makes, both on people who already like your work and people who don´t.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »

I watch the video as well and really enjoyed hearing about what you've been up to. I'd love to play Cncntrc as well! I've always lliked those tunnel shooter style games and this one looks gorgeous.

Irony is for cowards.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:33:58 PM »

Thank you for the encouragement.

We can't release the Cncntrc prototype because we don't feel it's sufficiently finished. Playtesting has shown that the controls are hard to understand. So that needs to be fixed. Plus the flow needs to be tweaked as well. The prototype also contains only 1/3 of the content of what we invision for the full game.

Given that it requires work to get to a publishable product, we feel we need to think well and make the right decision about where we will put our energy. We'll see.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:37:31 PM by Michaël Samyn » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: