Notgames Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:02:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One Chance  (Read 4899 times)
Thomas

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555181

A game you can only play once. Very similar to "everyday is the same day" in execution, but has even more a "do not play to win"-feel to it.

Takes a couple of minutes to go through and well worth the time.
Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:57 PM »

The concept of only getting one chance is interesting. I've toyed with the idéa previously, though not to this extreme degree. I've seen a similar idéa in Execution by 2dcube as well, but I think this does it better.

As for the actual theme and concept of the game, it didn't really speak to me. I was completely certain what was the right decision to do in any similar situation, not much of a moral quandry there. Some of it also felt quite illogical and characters sometimes felt stupid. Apart from that (and the graphics), interesting idéa.
QXD-me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »

Thanks for sharing that.

There were a few iffy bits (if world leaders knew the world would in 6 days no matter what they did, would they really tell everyone? I wouldn't.) but on the whole it was surprisingly powerful, especially considering I spent the first minute focused on how it was exactly the same as 'everyday is the same day' but just with worse looks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: