Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:40:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Egg Alive  (Read 5540 times)
Kaworu Nagisa

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2010, 10:14:42 PM »

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/526432

I'm sort of a... astounded by the potential of this thing here. Take away gameplay, takeaway lose condition, take away anything game nonsensical and there is plenty of space for interesting experience. A character (or a spectator, a group of spectators/characters, or perhaps narrator) stays in the same "room" and the room changes. The environment is unnaturally alive which can be very magical. I don't know, it tickles my imagination Smiley

The world needs organization ^_^
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 07:37:21 AM »

Cool that you were so inspired by it. Smiley

I didn't get as much out of the game itself, but I liked the idea you describe. Almost reminds me of Back to the Cubeture, which had a great visual style though was a bit too puzzle-y for my tastes.
Kaworu Nagisa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:42:56 AM »

I got to admit that I've played it for a minute or two as it wasn't really anything special. Like a platformer with moving platforms. But the idea of changing environment while _Something_ or _Someone_ can move around or even stand still in one location is very interesting. This _One_ could either move around and explore changing environment or perhaps experience the changes while he stays still and any interaction is purely abstract (with sounds, appearing words, images, etc.).
I'm not sure would I ever like to explore it myself but I definitely see potential in it ^_^

The world needs organization ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: