Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:11:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tale of Tales All-in-1?  (Read 9156 times)
Mick P.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »

I'm wondering Michael, since Tale of Tales has closed it doors for at least this era of its games.

Is there or can there be a single game download that can be like a ToT collection? So that we can install 1 program, and uninstall 1 program, and not have to fuss with every individual game. And if so how big would that download be? Could it cost like a standard $60 game or so? Maybe less being digital only (possibly excluding Endless Forest since it's multi-player.)

I think a lot of your games might not stand on their own. Just for the fuss. But as a collection? And not just a bundle that gives you all of the games. It has to be packaged together in a single download/installer so the pain of fussing with this is only felt once (I often lament that Windows can only uninstall one program at a time, and it takes so long)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:26:04 PM by Mick P. » Logged

Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:50:03 PM »

I think our games can stand on their own perfectly well. And there is no need to play all of them. Just play one.
Mick P.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:18:44 PM »

I think our games can stand on their own perfectly well. And there is no need to play all of them. Just play one.

I mean stand on their own as a purchase, and commitment to jump through all of the hurdles involved. I don't think any game really stands on its own. I'm thinking since you can't just put the games on television, how could you make it as close to changing the channel or tuning in later, with no extra fuss in the meantime.

I think most people who'd be of the mind to buy this kind of a package would look at it as a way of getting money to your studio and not over scrutinize it. But I understand if it's a hassle to setup. If you don't have a "donation" (patronage) system on your website... I think a lot of small artist studios really miss out by not providing a way to donate after the audience has experienced the product. Donating "what you want" before experiencing it is kind of silly if you think about it, and it's probably a good way to not get as large a donation as you could have.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:20:53 PM by Mick P. » Logged

Mick P.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 07:12:09 AM »

I enjoyed the Prototypes package, which was like an All-in-1. I have only messed with a quarter of it or so. If only on the Payloadz page there was a ZIP file with everything in it!!! So it wasn't necessary to download what seemed like 20 files and then decompress them individually, and then unpack archives inside of them. That's a lot of work to make everyone who buys your product go through. The kind of thing that an All-in-1 package ideally circumvents.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: