Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:26:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, hello, I guess  (Read 13545 times)
sysiphos

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2014, 10:12:29 AM »

So, here I am and kind of excited at the slight chance that I'll maybe be discussing design with Thomas Grip, who totally changed how I think about games, only by reading his blog, never playing a game by him. I'm also excited about Michael Samyn and Jeroen Stout, heck, maybe I'll bump into Brendon Chung, who made Thirty Flights Of Loving. Sorry, for the gushing.
So, I guess, I hope, I'm going to have some inspiring discussions here. That's all.
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »

Welcome. Are you currently developing anything?

If not, maybe today is the day to start! Making stuff and seeking feedback is a great way to engage other designers. Smiley

sysiphos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »

Yes, I'm currently working on two games. One is very slowly progressing, mainly because I feel the subject I chose for it, is important to me and I just try to not mess things up, and the other is more experimental in nature, so I guess, both balance each other out. I'm actually learning programming while making games, so all in all, it's completely new terrain for me.
Hopefully, I'll can put something up here to get feedback, but I don't feel that I'm there yet.
So, I guess, I'll be more about discussing design ideas. I feel like the right discussions with the right people leads to discoveries, you alone couldn't have made.
Benjamin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 02:07:44 AM »

What kind of programming are you learning. I'm also trying to learn stuff and am always eager to know what others are trying. I started with Python and JavaScript and still don't know either very well, but I understand the main syntax stuff pretty well. Now I'm trying a little bit of ObjectiveC, though it's coming really slowly.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:33:13 AM »

I'm also excited about Michael Samyn

Hello!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: