Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Burrow release version  (Read 10292 times)
Supr

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:27:33 PM »

Hi!
I am Julia, second half of small development team called Fewer Words. My occupation is everything besides coding – art, design & stuff.
I’m strongly interested in notgames scene and this forum.

We are now releasing our first project called The Burrow. It’s a short experience opened for interpretation and we want it to share with forum people. 

The Burrow is available for Windows and Linux. You can download it here:
http://fewerwords.org/theburrow/en/download

Feedback is very welcome! Also if you find some bugs, please, let us know:
http://fewerwords.org/theburrow/en/contact

Thanks for reading.

God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 04:30:24 AM »

I'm intrigued by the screenshot Smiley

Any chance for a Mac build?

Supr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »

Maybe, but not soon.
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »

I've never seen a game that captures the sort of visual detail I enjoy in nature so well as this one does, looking at the screen shots. Smiley Awesome! I'm downloading it now...

Update:
I tried it and haha, it really does focus on that experience of visual detail! Wink I enjoyed the ride. After a few minutes hopping around in the space sequence, I figured that was the end and stopped. Nice. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:41:41 PM by axcho » Logged
Supr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »

Thanks, axcho!

Visual part of experience matters a lot, but we were aiming to create a short narrative without strict limitations. There's a non-sporadic movement from beginning to the end... It will be correct to use "situation" instead of "narrative" аctually.
Tyler Snell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »

Interesting! I enjoyed it, but I felt there was room for some finesse. I think you're succeeding in what you're trying to do, though.
A big thing that stood out to me was the lady bug at the beginning, I think it really needs an idle animation when the camera zooms up before it walks away. Or if it's intended to feel strange that the still image suddenly gains movement it could use more deliberation.
The whole thing had a very nice feel to it, I especially liked the slow rising then falling through the hole/tube. The distinct differences in each of the three sections works well, I'm glad the controls were part of that.
Not sure how I felt about the face at the end, it felt pretty silly and out of place to me. Also not sure how I felt about the end, part of me likes how nothing tells you it's over, but I just got annoyed trying to figure out what to do and waiting for something to happen, until I gave up and saw that it was actually over when I went to quit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: