Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:24:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, I'm Amanda Williams  (Read 22191 times)
Amanda Williams

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:40 AM »

I've enjoyed reading through these many wonderful threads and thought I'd finally say hello!

Currently, I live in the countryside near Austin, Texas. I'm a 2D environment artist interested in primarily on non-violent video games. I worked on two projects that made it into the IGF: Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, and Waking Mars. I'm working on my own project, which I hope to share at some point.

I enjoy folklore, nature, am a lover of surreal things. Learning beekeeping.

If you're in the Austin area, you can usually find me at the monthly indie games collective event called Juegos Rancheros. I'm happy to be here, and look forward to knowing you better! :)

~Amanda
My website: http://amandawilliamsart.com
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:51:48 PM by Amanda Williams » Logged
Jeroen D. Stout

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:38 AM »

What-ho! Smiley
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 06:20:56 PM »

Welcome, Amanda!
Marco Turetta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »

Welcome Amanda!
Looking forward to know more about your personal project.
Amanda Williams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:28:31 PM »

Thank you, Michaël and Marco. :)
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »

Hello and welcome! Good stuff! Now I want to play both of those game (Mars and Spider). Now if only I could find the time.

Irony is for cowards.
between

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »

Now if only I could find the time.

i don't know if i should smile or cry ... i know this.
Amanda Williams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »

Thanks, ghostwheel! So glad to have found this forum. :)

If you do play either of them, I strongly recommend doing so on a handheld device.

axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »

Welcome, and best wishes with the beekeeper thing! My dad started getting into that a few years ago now - so far no hives have survived the winter, but maybe you'll have better luck. Wink

Now if only I could find the time.

i don't know if i should smile or cry ... i know this.

Me too - both of those games have been on my list for a long time. I haven't played any games on my list for years, literally. The last game I played was Portal. Tongue
Amanda Williams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »

Thank you, axcho!

And that's too bad... I wonder if he left enough honey to last them through the cold months? I do hope ours last, but we have some freezing weeks too.

I'd of course be really honoured if any of you play these games. They do include lots of gameplay, however! :)
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »

I think the first year he might have taken too much honey, so the next year, which was less abundant, he didn't take any. But still didn't help. Tongue

Just make sure the hives are well-insulated and well-ventilated (at least enough so moisture inside will evaporate instead of freeze) when the temperature drops. Not that I know anything, of course!

I did play the first few levels of Spider, and I'm sure I'll get back to it sooner or later. Smiley
QXD-me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 12:04:13 AM »

Hello  Smiley

Similarly to axcho I have played the first few levels of Spider, but I haven't found the time to really get into it. From what little I played I did like how the movement felt very "spidery" and the graphics were nice too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: