Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:48:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oknytt, an adventure through Swedish folklore  (Read 11617 times)
Max Nilsson

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:17:02 AM »

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd share what I've been working on as a main project for a while now.
Me and a couple of friends have banded together to create our first computer game Oknytt, which in short is a fully voiced classic point-and-click adventure game, a fairy tale heavily inspired by Swedish folklore. The gameplay is comprised of a mix of classic puzzle solving and manipulation of parts of the environment around you.
We have been working on the game for about a year now and we recently released a trailer which you can find on our website (http://www.nemoria.net/oknytt ) as we are closing in on our month of release. The exact date is to be announced.

If you would like to know more, feel free to ask questions here or head over to our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Oknyttgame).
Thomas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »

Looking good! I really like the artstyle. Fun that there will be at least two Swedish myth games released this year (Year Walk being the other).

Curious to hear what notgamish elements you plan on adding. The point-n-click is a pretty stagnated genre since quite a while back, so interested to hear what new things you plan to bring to table.
Max Nilsson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:46 PM »

Thank you Thomas!
Oknytt is rather traditional in many ways but the thought provoking ideas on this site are always in my mind during development. This doesn't always translate into what direction we take the game though but I hope to get some things in there even if its just minor elements that may not be recognized straight away.
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41:49 AM »

Cool project! Just curious, what's your intention behind using puzzles? Just following tradition, or something deeper? (either answer is valid, just curious)

Max Nilsson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:36:52 AM »

Cool project! Just curious, what's your intention behind using puzzles? Just following tradition, or something deeper? (either answer is valid, just curious)
Thanks! We are following tradition to some extent but we mainly want the puzzles to act as a way for both the player and the little creature you are controlling to grow in tandem throughout the game. The puzzles act as obstacles which test the creature's and the player's determination in reaching their goal and we think that the satisfaction in solving them will help us achieve this.
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »

I see. Well then I'd strongly suggest that your world is aware of this struggle and needed determination and communicates that well to the player. If you can do that, you should be good.

Otherwise you'll have the problem of the puzzles taking the player out of the experience. And if immersion of part of your goal, you don't want that. >_<

Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:10:19 AM »

Didn't realize this was out until I saw it in the Groupees bundle. I'll snag a copy for sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: