Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:39:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey  (Read 7501 times)
increpare
Hey
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:23:36 AM »

Hey -

Ivan just pointed out this forum to me.  I have a number of issues to work through when it comes to talking about games.  But I want to learn how to talk about things again, and I think this is maybe a place where I am more likely to find my desire to articulate nurtured than anywhere else.

I'm a games designer, I guess.  I don't particularly identify with the notgames ideal, but I have sympathies with and an interest in a lot of the topics discussed here, so that should suffice as a starting-point, right?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 03:27:49 AM by increpare » Logged
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:38:01 AM »

I am slightly ashamed to admit that I have played very few of your games.

Playing Judith is one of my most favorite game experiences ever, though.  Grin

I for one am really glad you're here.  Welcome.

Lastly, don't worry about being a game developer.  I think it's safe to say that most of us are.  Notgames is just a design method used to try and make some progress.

axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 04:28:38 AM »

Playing Forest by increpare was an excellent notgame experience, by the way. Smiley

I found it incredibly relaxing. In an earlier comment, I erroneously mentioned that it got my "delta" waves going, but actually I meant to say "alpha" waves. It really got my alpha waves going.

And it fits all the criteria of a notgame.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 10:11:25 AM »

Welcome, increpare! We're all here to learn from each other.
And I'm sure we'll all make "games" next to our attempts at making "notgames". And that's fine. Smiley
I'm looking forward to your contributions!
Jeroen D. Stout

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »

Welcome!

I remember playing Judith over the summer - made me very happy with where the medium is going, I liked the directions it took a lot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: