Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:46:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi  (Read 6955 times)
lophiaspis

View Profile
Hi
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »

Hi there, I have been lurking for a while.

I played The Path and The Graveyard some years ago and liked them. But I didn't know there was a whole philosophy behind it until I found this site. All I can say is that the notgames idea has the potential to revolutionize the game industry. If only it was better known among developers... Not to be immodest, but I have some ideas for how to raise your profile which I will expand on shortly Smiley

I am currently dabbling with Unity and hope to be able to publish something, someday. We'll see Wink

lophiaspis
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:38:21 PM »

Welcome Smiley

I'm guessing many developers have heard of it; it's just that most of them either think its crazy/dumb/wrong or aren't interested in participating.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:41:42 PM by God at play » Logged

Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:35:24 PM »

Notgames is not exactly the philosophy behind those games. But rather an idea that we are developing collectively through works like the ones you mentioned, and others. As a negating term, our search is for what videogames can be if not games. And more practically how to make them.

And other words, welcome to this research adventure!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: