Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:00:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello! This is Anton  (Read 11871 times)
anton

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2012, 06:30:34 PM »

Hi hi, I'm Anton Hand.

I'm an MFA student in electronic arts at http://arts.rpi.edu/, in my thesis year. I make games and other kindasortanotquitegames with a wonderful group www.rustltd.com.

I've been a 3d artist for far longer than than I've done interactive work. I did a tour of duty in SecondLife during its heyday. I was a virtual reality brat in undergrad before that. I would say that my creative impulse always manifests itself first in the creation of an environment. In making interactive work my struggle is understanding exactly what is needed beyond a space for others to have a compelling experience.

Most (somewhat embarrassing) possibly surprising, this is actually the first forum I've decided to do more than lurk in. I tend towards shyness in online spaces (I was the recluse sculptor/architect in SecondLife).

While I interact with the games program at RPI, their mindset is far more in the direction of software development. I've been looking to become involved in a larger community of people operating in the difficult to define zone between game, interactive environment/narrative/gosh-we-need-better-terms-for-all-this.

Look forward to talking with you folks!
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 12:06:28 AM »

Welcome!
Sounds like this might be a good place for you. Glad to have you around.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »

Welcome to the forums! Second Life was my roundabout way into game development and getting back into 3d as well. Smiley

Irony is for cowards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: