Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:40:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish translator for Bientôt l'été  (Read 15071 times)
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« on: November 26, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »

Our new piece Bientôt l'été is almost done. It will ship with subtitles and instructions in several languages. We'd like Swedish to be one of them. Can anybody on this forum help us?

The text consists of some 300 short phrases from novels by Marguerite Duras (original language French but translated by me into English) and 4, say, half pages for instructions and credits and the like (originally in English).
Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »

I'd be more than happy to help, though I doubt I have the right poetic flair (being, perhaps, a very literal translator).
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:07:11 PM »

Thank you for offering!

Please send an email to reception at tale-of-tales and then I'll send you the texts that needs translation. Then you can decide if you can manage. Duras' style is not lyrical at all. It's very simple, very straight, very clear. Though sometimes a bit tricky to translate, because of the lack of direct equivalents of certain words and expressions in other languages.

If other people want to help too, this can be a collaborative effort, easing the burden.
Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »

I can help, just email more info. Slightly unrelated: a friend recently suggested reading Duras (in a book circle) and was very fascinated by the idea of a game based on it, so I'll show it to her when it's done Smiley
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:32:53 PM »

Email was sent. Thank you.

I hope your friend likes the game. What book(s) did she read?
Bruno de Figueiredo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:49 AM »

A Swedish friend of mine spoke fondly of the translation (and the fact that there was a Swedish translation to begin with). I thought the translators would like to know.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 10:56:43 AM »

I certainly like to hear this.

Thank you Erik and Albin!
Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »

Oh, excellent!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: