Notgames Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:12:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hall of Shame  (Read 5198 times)
Thomas

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »

Sometimes other developers confirm our worst nightmares or just say stuff we might not agree about in terms of not games. Thought we could use this thread for that sort of thing. Hopefully it can act as a sort of motivation when trying to make notgames and wondering if it all is really worthwhile Smiley

First out:
Macbeth the game is something I've been thinking about for years, but now, I think the emotional quality that games are achieving and the value level of the acting and the sound work makes it possible. The thing is, the unique quality of games is being interactive; it's about action and killing things and pursuing those mechanics is tricky when bringing in classic media; Dante's is more of a violent interpretation of the poem for example. Macbeth would be great, though; there are witches and a supernatural experience along with plenty of intrigue and murder.
- Jonathan Knight of Visceral Games (Dead Space and Dante's Inferno)

This just confirms the bias i have written about before. Some developers have a really narrow definition of what a game is and as such can only imagine doing certain things in them. I think quotes like this shows that it is really worth to make something different to show what can be done!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:10:33 AM by Thomas » Logged
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »

the unique quality of games is being interactive; it's about action and killing things and pursuing those mechanics is tricky when bringing in classic media

Yep. That kind of says it all, doesn't it?

Irony is for cowards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: