Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:43:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from California :)  (Read 12460 times)
mikewesthad

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:39:37 AM »

Hi, I'm Mike.  Much of the time, I'm a PhD student trying to unravel the brain and stitch it back together through computational modeling.  The rest of the time, I work on interactive things - whatever they are called.

I have been getting frustrated with the abundance of distraction entertainment in the medium. It doesn't bother me that those things exist - to each his own - but it's so odd that everyone isn't demanding more.  I really value the couple friends I have who can see the potential of interactive experiences to convey something deeper, but it beginning to feel isolating to work on these types of games.  So googling around brought me here.

I've made a couple of smaller scale things in the past (http://mikewesthad.wordpress.com/), but now ideas are pulling me towards Blender and Unity.  There's one thing in particular that I'm chasing down - about what it might be like during stroke.  A bit of a memoir for a family member.

That's feels like a bit of a down note to end on, so what I should say is - I'm excited to peruse the forums and meet you all!

Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »

Welcome! One of the reasons for this place to exist is indeed to keep each other company in a world filled with people with no imagination, no desire, no ambition, no joy.
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:21:47 AM »

Welcome! Cheesy I like your blog and your pixel art.
mikewesthad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 07:19:33 AM »

Welcome! Cheesy I like your blog and your pixel art.
Thanks Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: