Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hullo—I am Benjamin  (Read 8227 times)
Benjamin

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2012, 04:32:24 PM »

First conscious notgaming experience was "Freedom Bridge" and it seems like it was long ago. (http://www.necessarygames.com/my-games/freedom-bridge)

I study poetry and narrative nonfiction at a university, I am a film enthusiast, and I play in some bands. That's about it I guess.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »

Hello and welcome! Make a notgame! Smiley

Irony is for cowards.
Benjamin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:09:45 AM »

I would like to, but I barely know where to start. I'm primarily a Mac user these days, and I don't really know any programming languages. Until I can take a proper class (those free online tutorials get very lofty!) I'd want to use software with the smallest possible learning curve. Any tips?
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 09:20:40 AM »

That's a bad attitude. Don't look for the easy path. Look for the one that suits you best. What else will you do with your life? Smiley

All of programming is a lot of work. And learning is continuous. Might as well start now.

Unity3D is a good tool that many people use. Try it. And learn it online.
Benjamin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »

As far as starting now, I have started many times—C+ specifically. I get very lost very quickly. But I've downloaded Unity now and will go through a couple tutorial things to see what's up.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 12:56:13 AM »

There's also UDK. If I can use it, you can. I know nothing about programming! However, I would highly recommend Construct and Construct 2. They are both Windows only though Construct 2 outputs HTML5 so it will run in any browser. There is always Parallels, VirtualBox, VMware or Bootcamp if you don't have a Windows machine. No excuse. Smiley

Irony is for cowards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: