Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:23:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?  (Read 12753 times)
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:59:33 PM »

http://www.edge-online.com/news/dear-esther-dev-working-new-amnesia

What? Is this for real?

Irony is for cowards.
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »

I took this as "gameB" http://notgames.org/blog/releases/

Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »

Speaking of which, the gameB-page says Q4, not Q3, so that should probably be fixed.  Wink
Thomas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »

yeah its real Smiley

and yes, it is the mystical gameB Wink
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 07:29:43 AM »

Very exciting!

Is this the first notgames collaboration?
Thomas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:44:10 AM »

Very exciting!

Is this the first notgames collaboration?
Guess so?

Important to note that Chinese Room is doing most of the development and we at FG have just been part of setting up general direction, providing feedback, suggestions, etc.

Basically, we had the money to create a sequel, but not the man-power or the motivation to figure out a new Amnesia, so we asked Dan if he wanted to do it Smiley If it turns out well, we hope to do it again (and basing of the first prototype, it is looking very nicely indeed). It is cool to have an Amnesia game that yet have Dan's touch to it.
Hugo Bille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »

Nice! Makes me think of all sorts of brand-swapping that could be done on this forum... Smiley

Oh, and I'm assuming then that the "less scary, more intellectual" stuff that Thomas has been mentioning is what Frictional is doing with the bulk of their time? No need to answer that.  Tongue
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »

Basically, we had the money to create a sequel, but not the man-power or the motivation to figure out a new Amnesia, so we asked Dan if he wanted to do it Smiley If it turns out well, we hope to do it again (and basing of the first prototype, it is looking very nicely indeed). It is cool to have an Amnesia game that yet have Dan's touch to it.

It's a great idea! Smiley
Jonathan Hise Kaldma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »

This got me super excited! I absolutely LOVE the title.
Thomas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »

Oh, and I'm assuming then that the "less scary, more intellectual" stuff that Thomas has been mentioning is what Frictional is doing with the bulk of their time? No need to answer that. 

Oh I can answer: Yeah the other thingie is what we are spending most of our time on. That project is very slowly started though (mainly because there is a huge amount of assets needed to get anything testable), so having a project like this "on the side" where there already is a lot of ground work is done is very nice for motivation. Feels like more stuff is happening, even though we are not doing much of it Smiley
Hugo Bille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

Oh I can answer: Yeah the other thingie is what we are spending most of our time on. That project is very slowly started though (mainly because there is a huge amount of assets needed to get anything testable), so having a project like this "on the side" where there already is a lot of ground work is done is very nice for motivation. Feels like more stuff is happening, even though we are not doing much of it Smiley

Haha, wish I had one of those. Tongue Best of luck with both of them!
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »

I must say, this is really exciting! I can't wait to play it! Maybe I'll be able to play it more than an hour or two, unlike the first Amnesia (so creepy!).

Irony is for cowards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: