Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:46:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I 'm Pehr  (Read 8652 times)
Pehr

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »

I was once specialized within elementary particle physics, but I early came to change my interest over to human colour vision and the very phenomenon of ”colour”. This took me into perception psychology, aesthesiology (= general theory of the senses) as well as the history and practice of the visual arts.
So, besides being involved in arranging conferences in systems theory, artificial intelligence, tacit knowledge, and the like, I have spent most of my life lecturing, teaching, experimenting and writing about colour.

In later years I have looked quite a lot on movies, with the question in mind: can there be films with real artistic qualities?  That is: can film ever tell me something deeper, better, more insightful and memorable than a well written book or a well made painting?  -- I found some undeniable examples. Now I ask the same question concerning computer games.

Since a couple of years I entertain the idea of making a video about colour. However, the alternative of giving it the shape of an interactive game would be more appropriate, considering that ”colour theory must, as you know, not only be read and studied, but also be done”, as Goethe once upon a time pointed out in conversation with J.P.Eckermann. 

The interactive programs I have developed for colour education are on these lines. What they miss, so far, is this wonderful experience of ”going into a virtual world”. So I am looking around for ideas.

That is the reason why it made me happy to find ”Tale-of-Tales” and ”nogames”, and read Michael´s clever and bold statements about what computer games as art could really be, if we dare to skip many of the ridgid and old-fashioned conventions that are in command of the genre.  I will follow with pleasure the discussions on this forum!
Yours Pehr
www.pscolour.eu
www.youtube.com/user/PehrSall

Chris W

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »

Welcome, Pehr.  It appears you have an interesting and unique perspective to share based on your experience and goals.  I look forward to learning more about that perspective.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »

Hello and welcome!

Irony is for cowards.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »

Welcome, Pehr!
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »

Yeah interesting perspective, welcome  Smiley

Hugo Bille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »

Tjenare! It's always welcome to see an attempt to tackle the game medium's problems from the "outside".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: