Notgames Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:21:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: They Breathe is live on XBLIG  (Read 9503 times)
Hugo Bille

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »

Thought you guys might want to know that my studio has just pulled off its first release. For me, They Breathe is an experiment in conveying exposition (and creating dramatic situations) using emergent behaviour. I hope it might serve as an inspiration to some of you! As always on XBLIG, there is a free trial version. I'll be here to discuss the design if anyone is interested.

Trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLsBJ5vm18
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »

I caught this on the Indie Games blog yesterday. Yeah it looks like you're doing some interesting things suggesting story through interaction. I like it Smiley

Congrats, I hope it does well!

Are you going to be on any other platforms in the future?

Hugo Bille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »

Thanks! Grin We have a PC version ready to go, but we thought we'd get some release experience on XBLIG first. That, and feedback, and reviews to help us attract distributors. So we're thrilled to see how people interpret it, hope it's as good as we've come to believe. A lot of people seem to have played it already (we were probably lucky that the Xbox menus were updated on the same day), but not a lot of buzz online yet. So yeah, waiting. Chewing nails.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:22:55 AM »

Looking forward to the PC release!
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 08:17:12 AM »

Sounds intriguing - the idea of creating dramatic situations through emergent behavior. I'd be very interested in hearing more about the design here or on your blog, if you have one... Smiley
Hugo Bille

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »

They Breathe for Windows is now live on IndieCity for 2$!

http://indiecity.com/game/TheyBreathe

Axcho, sorry for not replying last time. I haven't really blogged about the design of They Breathe, but there's a "hidden" behind the scenes gallery on http://www.theworkingparts.com/beneaththesurface

If you want a sneak peek, the password is "jelly". It's printed at the end of the game. Bunch of spoilers tho.

And please do hit me up with questions or (more likely) criticisms!
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:59 AM »

I'm going to have to check this out. It looks really strange. In a good way. Smiley

Irony is for cowards.
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »

Thanks for the link. I'm reading through it now. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: