Notgames Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:41:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sjörök - En färd över dunkla vatten  (Read 6359 times)
Max Nilsson

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2011, 11:40:13 PM »

Hi everybody!

Sjörök is the name of the game me and a few fellow students have been working on as our last project during second grade at our university.
It was supposed to be a 10 week project but since we won a competition we could thereby connect the last pieces during the summer and have it launched.
It is currently out on our website for download and it's free so check it out!.
The game is unfortunately in Swedish for now but you could still enjoy the atmosphere and environments, maybe you could even figure out the story, since it can be interpreted in many ways.
Feedback from you guys would be appreciated since we are still learning and would like to know what people think, especially people like you that the game was basically made for.
Finally I just want so say how inspiring all of you have been to us and without you guys we would never have made this game. Thank you!

Visit us on our facebook and website here:

http://www.facebook.com/Sjorok

http://www.2hourlunchstudios.com/

With kindest regards

Max
Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 11:54:41 PM »

Well, if anything, we have quite a few swedes here to try it out (me included). It's getting a bit late now, but I'll download and play it the first thing in the morning.

Edit: I like it, though it had me confused at the end. Was I supposed to go somewhere after getting all the notes? If not, why couldn't I go back to previous islands and explore some more? Was I supposed to (half-)sink or simply encounter an invisble wall when going outside the map?

Some parts feel very Mysty (the good parts of Myst, not the ridiculously difficult puzzles and walls of text parts). I like the menu but I think the different options should highlight when the mouse is over them, or at least give some kind of indication that the menu will respond if you press them. The graphics are good but I think they could benefit a lot from some anti-aliasing (that shouldn't be too hard to enable in UDK, right?).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:02:37 PM by Chainsawkitten » Logged
Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »

Hi, looks awesome!
What's the system requirements? (is it Windows only?)
Måns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »

Hi!

I was also part of the Sjörök team together with Max and five other guys.

@Chainsawkitten: First of all, thanks! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. The experience does actually have an ending though I won't spoil how to get there. Let me just say that each major island has notes to gather and a "larger" puzzle to solve. If you do that on each island you're on the right track =)

@Erik: At the moment the game is windows only and the system requirements should be roughly what is needed to use UDK. Epic states the following:

Windows XP SP3 (32-bit only), Windows Vista, or Windows 7
2.0+ GHz processor
2 GB system RAM
SM3-compatible video card
3 GB free hard drive space

We have included some graphical options in the game, lowering the resolution can be quite effective.

Oh, jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule.
But these visions of Johanna, they make it all seem so cruel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: