Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:47:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Rorschach\Larshe  (Read 6483 times)
Nuprahtor

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »

Hi there!
My name is Ivan and I live in Russia.
One year ago I started to create games with my own conception. This conception called "Rorschach\Larshe".
I wrote a manifesto, which describes the main features of Rorschach\Larshe games. Here are excerpts from the manifesto:
1 - dominant element in a R\L game is an atmosphere.
2 - abstraction and primitivism graphical content (Rorschach)
3 - darkness and symbolism (Larshe)
I call my games "Game Sessions", because they usually short and have strange gameplay (some people say that my game has no gameplay, though)
I think that my Game Session conception is very close to Notgames. I looked this page http://tale-of-tales.com/tales/ArtWithGames/, and I found that you prefer to compare Notgames with the classic painting. I tend to compare my games with the paintings of the Surrealists, Impressionists, Cubists. I am not a professional artist, musician or programmer. I just want to create games that I want to create. Also, I am not bother - is games is art or not - I just like this game design approach, and I don`t care how it is called.
You can play my games here - http://rorschach-larshe.tumblr.com/. I hope you like it.
I think that this forum is interesting place to communicate with others game developers.
Thanks for attention
Chris W

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:13:52 PM »

You did create some very effective atmosphere in your work, especially with the audio, very cool.  I also like surrealism.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:57:02 PM »

Welcome, Nuprahtor.

Another Silent Hill fan! Smiley

Interesting work!
troshinsky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 03:02:01 AM »

Hello Nuprahtor,

I´ve discovered your games some days ago and I really like the path you are exploring. I wanted to write about them here but it´s a nice surprise to see you here already.

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:08:01 AM by troshinsky » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: