Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:55:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: glad to join  (Read 10162 times)
troshinsky

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »

Hello Everybody,

My name is Nicolai Troshinsky. I´m an illustrator and animation filmmaker living in Spain.
I started making small games about a year ago, doing what my complete ignorance in programming allows me.

I knew of this forum for a while but only now gathered the courage to join.

I won´t say that I make "notgames", and it´s certainly not my goal. However I feel we have a lot of interests in common. I´m very interested in the expressive possibilities of the interactive medium and I have lots of thoughts related to many topics I can read here, so I might share some of those.

You can have a look at the games I make here:
http://pluralgames.blogspot.com/

And if you are curious, my illustration and animation work is here:
http://www.troshinsky.com/

I´ll be reading the old topics to get up to date and will join the discussion eventually.

Cheers.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 04:46:39 AM »

Welcome!

I'm an artist as well so I understand the struggle of dealing with the technical hurdles of working with game technology.

I don't think most here are out to make "notgames" either. It's just a word to describe a very general approach to using conventional game technology for different goals that the typical game. Some of us here don't much like games, others like them just fine. But we all tend to drift towards more artistic, immersive experiences. That's probably a word you'll se a lot of around here, "experiential."

Nice website and art! Cheesy

Irony is for cowards.
Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »

Hi and welcome! We met in San Francisco if you remember. I've been meaning to write you about that film about a game inventor that you had made. It seemed amazing.

Hope you'll join the conversations here!

ERIK
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »

Welcome!

I remember "Loop Raccord" triggering quite a bit of discussion during the IGF Nuovo judging!...  Grin
troshinsky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »

Thank you!

@Ghostwheel

Yeah, I guess we may have different names for similar things. I tend to like the "experimental" category too.

@Erik

Sure I remember. It was really nice meeting you and I´m glad to see you here. I tried to make an export of my film with the english subtitles from the dvd I have but for some reason it wasn´t working. Shoud try again one of these days.

@Michaël

How very flattering!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:51:05 PM by troshinsky » Logged
György Dudas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 08:47:10 PM »

Hello troshinsky,

I noticed raccord when I checked last years IGF finalists. Then I read this Greenaway reference on your site as inspiration. Great!

I downloaded raccord immediately, and started it up. Unfortunately, I can't wrap my head around it how to use it. It looks like I can only manipulate one of the movies, how can I manipulate the other movies, and when is it finished? Occasionly I get a Perfect or Good Raccord, but I don't know why...

troshinsky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 01:27:57 PM »

Haha!

I´m sorry, it´s not very obvious to many people. There´s a help menu if you press the "esc" button.
Anyway, you just have to synchronize the chain one by one, once the two first videos are in sync the next one will unlock. They are in sync when the movement between them flows seamlessly, it´s tricky at first but very satisfiying once you understand how it works. I hope you will give it a chance!
György Dudas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »

thanks! now I get it, I have to compare those 2 movies and set them in relation, before I can proceed. I thought I was supposed to manipulate them all at once. Nice work! I like that you use archieve.org I am also a regular "customer" at their site... love it!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: