Notgames Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Chris W  (Read 6119 times)
Chris W

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:04:08 PM »

Hello notgamers.  My name is Chris, and I am a 3D artist for a small studio in Los Angeles, though I longingly look forward to the day when I can do my own projects in the ways that I dream of doing them.  This is me -----> http://www.chrisweeks3d.com   None of the work on there is particularly poetic, but its purpose is to be relevant to the current commercial markets.

I am deeply interested in how games and interactive media can be more artistic and more meaningful.  I am inspired by the work of Tale of Tales and That Game Company, which is how I found my way here.  The philosophical and theoretical discussion I see on this forum is right up my alley.  I am just brimming with ideas, and I can't wait to inflict them all on you!  Thanks for having me here, and thanks for having this forum in the first place.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:16:55 AM »

Hi, welcome! I'm an artist as well. My best advice would be to not longingly wait for the day to do your own project, do it now. I know it's hard when working for others, believe me, I know all too well. But it's the only way. You have to start.

Irony is for cowards.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:09:32 PM »

Welcome! And I concur: start now! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: