Notgames Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:11:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tidskriften Fienden  (Read 9763 times)
Max Nilsson

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2011, 01:05:01 AM »

I'm happy to announce that Sweden is finally getting a game magazine that is a tad bit more sophisticated than the other ones. The two creators want to take a step away from the current style of game journalism and make it more about the medium itself and the less recognized games out there. The first issue is released at the end of April and there will be 4 releases a year.
This is hopefully a step in the right direction for game journalism and i'm really excited to see what they are gonna write about. As it is now, the most interesting articles are on the blogs, not in the magazines. The magazines seems to serve more as a marketing tool than as magazines about games and the medium. I hope that Fienden will turn this tide and make people aware of the more obscure parts of the game medium.

I'm sorry but it's in swedish.

http://www.tidskriften.fi/enden/
Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 01:10:13 AM »

Since I'm Swedish, it being in Swedish is no problem to me. What is a problem, however, is that all it appears to be is a blank, white page. :/

<!-- WP Super Cache is installed but broken. The path to wp-cache-phase1.php in wp-content/advanced-cache.php must be fixed! -->
Max Nilsson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:52:29 AM »

It appears that the site is down at the moment but if you want to read an interview while it gets back online, check out this link (also in swedish).

http://www.blogemup.se/?p=9851
Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 10:08:27 AM »

Wow, now I'm hyped.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:18:32 AM »

They are pretty serious about their stuff. They came all the way to Gent in Belgium to interview us in person!
Thomas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 06:51:14 AM »

Interviewed by Johan for the Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet" and is one of the few journlists I know that know about and is interested in the notgame movement.
Måns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »

I'm also quite hyped about this, looking forward to reading the first issue.
From what I know about the guys behind the initiative (Alfred Holmgren and Johan Martinsson) I think this has great potential.

If I've understood it correctly, they won't have any reviews in the magazine either (great!). I'm so tired of reading: "This game is good. I give it seven points.", in a fancy vocabulary.

Oh, jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule.
But these visions of Johanna, they make it all seem so cruel.
Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »

So I've read almost the entire first issue now and can say that I'm quite impressed. A very interesting read.

My main issue is that I find the long (and I do mean long) article about Alexi questionable. That poor woman is in serious need for help, not giving her more attention which will only further her problems. But I guess she's more or less a lost case.

Oh, and Aueria, I find
10 PRINT "♥"
20 GOTO 10
incredibly beautiful. Not the outcome, mind you, but the code. Perhaps it's that my first language too was of the BASIC-family. Perhaps it's the simplicity of it, or the way it mixes human emotion with the cold processing of the machine. I don't know, really. I just know I want to print that out and hang it on my wall (which I would have done already were my printer in working condition).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:20:54 PM by Chainsawkitten » Logged
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »

We played with code a lot when we were making websites and "View Source" was a thing that people did. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: