Notgames Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:48:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost Art  (Read 17895 times)
black snoopy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 11:05:03 PM »

I've seen similar things happen in music -- you take a genre that, depending on your opinion, is stable or stagnant and add your own twist on it. No matter how well you do, you will have some people screaming and crying because you're not doing the original style justice and that you don't know anything about it and blah blah blah. In the end, some just refuse to accept that a genre/label/style/whatever isn't a rigid, inflexible category so much as an adjective, and you're not going to win them over short of giving them a lobotomy.

And the ones who might dig on what you do? They're a lot quieter, because chances are they have better things to do than sit around writing incendiary screeds against things they don't like and arguing with people who have differing opinions. But they'll still enjoy it and probably spread the word as well.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 12:30:28 AM »

Michael, you sparked debate and got people thinking at least and that is a good thing.

Irony is for cowards.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »

Michael, you sparked debate and got people thinking at least and that is a good thing.

I really wonder about the value of these internet debates.  Roll Eyes

But the noise they make does work as advertising for our cause.  Grin
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »

And the ones who might dig on what you do? They're a lot quieter, because chances are they have better things to do than sit around writing incendiary screeds against things they don't like and arguing with people who have differing opinions. But they'll still enjoy it and probably spread the word as well.

I do hope so.  Kiss
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: