Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:18:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tanaka's Friendly Adventure  (Read 7091 times)
God at play

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »

I think this is a borderline notgame.  Technically, the goal is to collect all the characters, although it's not required.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/mirosurabu/tanakas-friendly-adventure

A simple game, but it's still charming and focuses more on the experience of searching/exploring and discovering identity than anything typically game-like.

axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »

Yes, I have found this one very intriguing, though I haven't yet figured out what it is that I am so intrigued by. But I think there is a hint of something with a lot of potential here. I just don't know what it is yet. Tongue
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:21:18 PM »

My favorite part about the game is going through the neighborhood and reading the stories.  The searching mechanic is a little too simple to have much effect on me personally.

Alejandro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 05:49:10 AM »

What got me about Tanaka's is the suggestion that all we do in so many games can be boiled down to wandering around, collecting things. This time it's distilled to the very essence, the roots of philately and bug collecting. And in doing so, it creates a rather charming experience--not one that I'd play for very long, though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: