Notgames Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Jake  (Read 7186 times)
racter

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:32:01 AM »

Howdy!

I have been meaning to dig into this forum for quite a while - I'm glad for the opportunity to interact with y'all and explore the theories+practices of video game development as artistic theories+practices & not strictly industrial/professional/technical.  Both kinds of exploration are useful to me but there are already so many forums for the latter Smiley

My name is Jake Elliott & I live in Chicago.  I'm an artist & work with software art; about a year ago I started seriously making video games which has become my medium of choice.  My games are mostly concerned with interpersonal relationships and the playful+distracted state of mind that many people call "daydreaming."  They're mostly (5) available on my website: http://cardboardcomputer.com/ and a couple smaller ones are only on Kongregate.

The most widely-played game I've done is a character/text-driven platformer called "I Can Hold My Breath Forever."  Just a few days ago I released a new point+click game called "A House in California," which is thematically centered on family, nostalgia & distortions of memory.

Nice to meet you!
badvibration

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 08:39:36 PM »

Hi there! I saw "a house in california" a couple of days ago, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It looks very interesting! I look forward to hearing thoughts on the forum.
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 12:31:17 AM »

I found I Can Hold My Breath Forever to be pretty interesting.  Certainly excellent use of music. Smiley

Welcome!

badvibration

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 08:12:39 AM »

I just finished a house in california and i enjoyed it quite a bit. It was really interesting and fun to figure out how the game worked. I hope it does well in IGF!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: