Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:29:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hej!  (Read 7806 times)
Henrik Flink

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2010, 07:35:47 PM »

Hi! I've been lurking around for a while, so i thought it's time for a proper introduction. Cool

My name is Henrik and I'm from Sweden but i've been living in Tokyo since January this year. Currently I'm studying Japanese and just enjoying every day in this amazing country.

I'm an educated game programmer but recent years ive been as much designer as programmer. And the interest is not only game design but all kinds of design from architecture to industrial design. After 2 years of education i spent 2 years at my own(+ friends) independent gamedevelopment studio. Doing various kinds of outsourcing jobs and also working on our own IP. But it all eventually came to an end due lack of motivation to make games, among other reasons. At this time i was really tired of most of the games that was released and felt kind of hopeless towards games.

But since i've been away from game development and later moved to Tokyo i've felt inspired by the notgames movement and the potential of working with this unexplored part of the interactive medium. I'm really interested in the essence and uniqueness of this medium towards others.

My homepage just redirects to my twitter page right now until i have something to show. So right now im working on my first project using Flash/AS3 creating a foundation for the piece to eveolve from. Hopefully i have something to show pretty soon.

Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »

Welcome, Henrik!

It's wonderful to hear that the notgames idea inspires you.
Let's make something beautiful! Smiley
Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:55:55 PM »

Hej Henrik!

Very good to see you here Smiley
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 06:17:58 AM »

Don't lose hope, there's a lot of potential to explore.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: