Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:58:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GameTrekking.com - computer games (read NOTGAMES) inspired by world travel  (Read 6627 times)
JordanMagnuson

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:22:01 PM »

Some of you may know that I live in Korea. I've been teaching English here for the last couple of years (when not writing about or making computer games/notgames Wink. Well, I'm going to be heading out in October, for the next phase of my life, which is going to be some extended traveling. The reason I'm posting this here is that I thought some of you might be interested to know that what I'm hoping to do during my travels is make notgames about the things I see and experience. I just started a Kickstarter project saying as much, and assuming I can meet my goal, that's what I'll be doing.

I just wanted to say that I'm really excited about the idea, and thank you all for inspiring me in a big way. This website played a large role in re-igniting my passion for the interactive medium, and especially my passion for making notgames (which I've been making ever since I found this place).

Preempting Michaël's concerns about my project: I know that I won't get everything right. Heck, maybe I won't get anything right. I know that Freedom Bridge failed in a lot of ways, but when I read a comment like the one at the bottom of this page, I can't help but think that it succeeded in some ways, too, even if only for some people.

I want to do better, I want to experiment, I want to fail and have you guys tell me why, and try again and again. I'm ready to give this notgames thing my sweat and blood for a solid while.

So wish me luck Wink

More information on the project at GameTrekking.com
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:49:11 PM by JordanMagnuson » Logged

Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »

Good luck!
Hope the places you visit have electricity! And internet. Smiley
JordanMagnuson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

Thanks Michaël! You've got a point about the electricity/connectivity issue! I've thought about it, and determined that I'll simply have to spend some time around power outlets if I go "trekking" for a while in some place without electricity. Fortunately or unfortunately, most of the world seems to be pretty "connected" these days.

zerojuan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »

darn. you're not going to the Philippines? Sad
JordanMagnuson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »

darn. you're not going to the Philippines?

I'd love to, actually! Just not as certain about the Philippines, because of the whole crossing water issue... will definitely look into cheap flights/ferries, and make it there if I can!

Any particular connection for you (with the Philippines)?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: