Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:12:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Indies Heckled by Epic VP  (Read 5440 times)
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:36:04 PM »

This make me ill and angry: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180422. I mean... wow. What an asshole. If you think regular games have a hard time, notgames don't have a chance in an environment that produces such a horrible person.

Irony is for cowards.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »

I actually find it refreshing to see a AAA developer attack an Indie developer. Usually the commercial developers are falling over themselves telling everyone how much they love indie games and admire indie developers after which they just go back to their budget-sufficient-to-save-an-African-village-per-title productions and their hyper-boring commercial design concepts. At last some honesty! Smiley
And when Mark Rein says that it's stupid to deal with a single customer as if he were a human being, he is right. But only from his perspective: from the perspective of videogames being a business where the only thing that matters is making money. I would hope that that is not the indie perspective.
Albin Bernhardsson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 10:28:34 PM »

To me, it seems like Mark Rein came with criticism (although not very good one, in my opinion) at a bad time, to which Harries responded with immature personal attacks.
ghostwheel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »

To me, it seems like Mark Rein came with criticism (although not very good one, in my opinion) at a bad time, to which Harries responded with immature personal attacks.

I think his anger is justified. And sometimes a good "fuck you" is what is called for. Call it immature if you want but it is concise. Smiley

Irony is for cowards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: