Notgames Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:07:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: No More Sweden  (Read 25588 times)
Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »

I love Americans! And some of their games! The only thing I hate is when people don't have the guts to use themselves as the foundation for their creative work; something that seems to happen a lot in Europe.

For instance all the big Swedish game companies are making games that I'm sure the rest of the world think are made in the US (the Battle Field series, Just Cause, World in Conflict). It's ridiculous!

A lot of the problems with video games that we perceive here in this forum would be fixed a lot faster if more people just made games a bit more for themselves and the people around them, about things in their lives that interests them. I really hope notgames can help some people to gather the courage to do so.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »

A lot of the problems with video games that we perceive here in this forum would be fixed a lot faster if more people just made games a bit more for themselves and the people around them, about things in their lives that interests them.

Amen. We were just talking about this the other day.
I guess this is another way of saying that there should be more authors in game development.
Utforska

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 12:10:36 PM »

That requires it to be easier to issue interactive pieces. Maybe that's a pragmatic way to reach our goals here quicker - create good "game" creation software that doesn't assume you actually want to create a "game".
Kjell

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »

@Utforska - What would you envision to be the primary difference between such a tool and a "traditional" game creation tool?
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »

I'm a great advocate for creation software that is more accessible to actually creative people.
But while we wait for that, maybe artists and authors can do a little extra effort too and learn how to use these unwieldy tools.
My craving for good interactive art surpasses even my craving for good tools! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:45:00 AM by Michaël Samyn » Logged
Utforska

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 03:29:18 PM »

@Utforska - What would you envision to be the primary difference between such a tool and a "traditional" game creation tool?

I haven't a clue to tell you the truth, except that it should be easier for non-trained people to approach them. There are probably a thousand ways that could be done, some good, some bad. It might not even be possible, or it's too hard/expensive to be worth doing.
Kjell

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »

It should be easier for non-trained people to approach them.

Easier is a non-argument, since that is just as valid for game creation software.

Perhaps we should start a thread on what (y)our ideal creation environment ( using conventional hardware ) would look like?
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »

Perhaps we should start a thread on what (y)our ideal creation environment ( using conventional hardware ) would look like?

Good idea!
I think this is very pertinent to the Notgames effort!
Utforska

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 07:33:39 PM »

It should be easier for non-trained people to approach them.

Easier is a non-argument, since that is just as valid for game creation software.

Indeed it is a non-argument, but I don't have any better arguments or descriptions, since I haven't given it more than some superficial thought... do start a thread, it might turn out quite interesting.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: