Notgames Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:56:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 7054 times)
Rez

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:11:35 PM »

Hello. Smiley

I'm from France, I used to be a coder / developer, began experimenting w/ coding as a kid, then i coded some little demos / games, mostly on Linux aroung 98/2000 when i was a teen. I wanted to go either to an art school (drawing was my first passion, coding was the other one) or an IT school. I went to an IT school (regretted it after that). Grew tired of brainless coding work and then I stopped coding. As Life Happened I stopped drawing and painting too. (Picked up music after that.)

At some point i became very disappointed with the evolution of video games industry many years ago as everything seemed to me that the only goal was "more polygons" and I lost interest about the "industry".

Finally after seeing interesting things being made in the indie scene (a part of that was ToT games and ideas) quite recently, i became interested in videogames again as i saw there were alternatives. Got me motivated.
These days, I'm going back to drawing (and digital painting) slowly. I began coding a little 2D game in C/C++/SDL some months ago, but now the project is on hold. I began learning some things with Unity3D when the indie version became free, had a project with a friend who was making 3 models, but we were not on the same "line", we had very different ideas about what we were doing; so we stopped. I began learning Blender (on 2.5 alpha) very recently also. (i used to use Lightwave 3D at school)... so now I try to learn more about all those things...

i joined the forums cause there's very interesting things going on here
(i'm not sure my english level will be enough to contribute to the forums...dunno, i might just end up mostly lurking.)

For the websites.. well, there's not much to see.. a little bit of music there http://chibacityblues.com
(and a blank blog (iteration X of it) http://lotek.fr/log/ where i intend to post sketches or concepts, things about development etc, things sometimes in engish or french, depending on the topic).

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:15:30 PM by Rez » Logged
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:16:55 PM »

Welcome, Rez!

Don't worry about English. Many people here speak a different language natively. I myself speak Dutch, for instance.

Glad to hear you're motivated again! There a lot of work to be done.
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 07:25:48 PM »

Glad to see another interested in what's going on here.  Welcome Smiley

Rez

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 06:27:30 AM »

Thanks ! Smiley
JordanMagnuson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 03:24:04 AM »

Glad to see you here, Rez! And don't worry about your English at all: heck, I could barely tell you weren't a native speaker!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: