Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:40:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A not gamer  (Read 6831 times)
Chris8535

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:25:32 AM »

Hey all

Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm chris -- a not gamer who loves not games.  I've been lurking on this forum ever since jordan from necessary games recommended it to me. I've written an article for his site and find gaming theory and design absolutely fascinating. By trade i am an interactive journalist who has designed all sorts of not-games in my brief career.

I am particularly fascinated in how not games relate to education and journalism. I am currently attempting to develope an interactive education curriculum for the sciences using the iPad. I am focused on developing interactive experiences that use constructive reward systems rather than non-associative reward systems (ie what you create or learn is your reward rather than being rewarded by irrelevant point based systems). My definition of a game might somewhat differ from some of yours as i consider almost any interactive object a game of sorts, slideshows, reading the news, karma systems, etc. 

In my free time i particularly enjoy writing gaming story lines based odd or subversive game mechanics. My ultimate goal would be to write and develop a game which 'accurately' simulates time travel from a participators perspective.

Look forward to posting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:28:04 AM by Chris8535 » Logged
JordanMagnuson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:55:02 AM »

Hey, Chris, glad to see you here!

Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »

Welcome, Chris!
Kaworu Nagisa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:35:13 PM »

In my free time i particularly enjoy writing gaming story lines based odd or subversive game mechanics. My ultimate goal would be to write and develop a game which 'accurately' simulates time travel from a participators perspective.

Look forward to posting.

Greetings Earthling Smiley

This sounds interesting.
Would you like to share with us some more about your idea?

-K.

The world needs organization ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: