Notgames Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:17:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey  (Read 7282 times)
WarHampster

View Profile
Hey
« on: May 01, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »

Hey everyone! This site somehow made its way onto my bookmarks bar and I thought that I'd check it out; needless to say I'm very interested in the discussions you have here. I might be somewhat of a misfit among you guys in that I love traditional videogames (you know, those violent and immature slaughter-fests), but I've been becoming more and more disenchanted with the mainstream industry... I've recognized that most popular games these days are extremely derivative and rarely bring anything new and interesting to the table. So for that reason I've been learning about the "notgame" and "artgame" movements, and I look forward to talking to you about the former!

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs. - Karl Marx
axcho

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »

Welcome! Cheesy Some of us love traditional video games too, so don't worry too much about that. I have my fair share of nostalgia for a handful of traditional games. But I'm even more excited for what's coming up next, so here I am. Wink
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 02:59:44 AM »

Welcome!  I share similar sentiments as axcho; you're fine. Smiley

Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:59:30 AM »

The point of notgames is not that we hate games. It's that we want to make something else. And we call it notgames, as opposed to nottables or notair, because we are inspired by a certain potential in videogames, a potential that is not related to (and even held back by) the fact that they are games (in a very strict sense of the word that the videogame industry tends to use). Let's see what this medium is capable of beyond games! Smiley
WarHampster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 06:06:12 PM »

Heh, I guess I got the wrong impression from some of your posts. Sounds good, thanks for the welcome Smiley

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs. - Karl Marx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: