Notgames Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:06:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, all!  (Read 6440 times)
Dagda

View Profile WWW
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:03:22 PM »

Having browsed the forum, I'm happy to have found a community of like-minded individuals.

Then, having read the (not a) manifesto, I'm realizing that I might actually be a devil's advocate of sorts. This ought to be interesting.

See, I'm very much on board with the whole "creative passion" thing, very much excited to be a part of burgeoning movement that's working to explore the unique potential of games, to use the medium for more than just simple entertainment. The catch is that when I say "games", I'm not referring to interactive virtual experiences. I'm talking about the other side of the venn diagram, the game itself.

As for who I am: 21-year-old college student, majoring in psychology, located in the USA's pacific northwest. I don't consider myself an artist (to me art can be defined as abstract self-expression, with an artist being someone who Has Something To Say), but I would consider myself a craftsman and a storyteller.

Hi, I'm Dagda. And I seem to have done this introduction in reverse order.

Your daily does of devil's advocacy: "We're largely past the idea that games are solely for children, but many people are consciously trying to give their games more intellectual depth. Works of true brilliance are rarely motivated by insecurity."
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »

Welcome, Dagda.

I hope you are aware of the exercise that we're trying to do here: to create interactive entertainment and art by actively rejecting traditional game structures. So this forum is not the place for singing the praises of games. We know about all that and there's plenty of room for that elsewhere. This forum is about something else. About making love, notgames.  Smiley
Dagda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:28:42 AM »

Understood. I think that in practice I'll be on the same page.

Your daily does of devil's advocacy: "We're largely past the idea that games are solely for children, but many people are consciously trying to give their games more intellectual depth. Works of true brilliance are rarely motivated by insecurity."
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 05:33:39 AM »

Welcome, Dagda.  It will be great to have a different perspective here.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  Your idea in the love thread sounded interesting...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: