Notgames Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:46:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from France  (Read 10062 times)
Blackcorn

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »

A short note to introduce myself:

My real name is Simon Bachelier, I'm french and I live around Paris.

I know Tale of Tales since... hmmm probably 2006 or 2007 with The Endless Forest. It was such an interesting piece for me, because I used it as a reference in some of my academic works/essays to do some comparative analysis with other digital artwork.

I have been studying Art History for more than 6 year at Pantheon-Sorbonne University in Paris and after my Master degree I have been focusing on Games Studies. I feel very concern about video game potential. I was not able to attend Art History of Games conference in Atlanta last month, but I have read your online presentation and then find your link to this forum. I'm very curious about what people will be discussing and sharing on this forum.

I'm neither a game designer, nor an artist, but I sincerly hope I could sometimes contribute to the community with some thought and ideas.

And about the "Be yourself!" topic... I didn't put a "real pics" of myself for the moment, but it will come soon.
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:00:29 PM »

Welcome to notgames, Simon!

Are there any essays or papers that you could point us too?

Looking forward to your contributions!
Blackcorn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 02:49:47 PM »

Thank for the welcome Michaël.

About my essays, unfortunately I didn't find the time to translate them in english, but I'm sure I will put some of my thoughts and ideas in our coming discussions on this forum !  Wink
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:37:35 AM »

That's ok. I know a little bit of French. And I'm sure some other people here do too. Smiley
Blackcorn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:27:33 AM »

Thank you for your interest Michaël. Yesterday I gave a talk about links between digital art and video game. I used an essay I wrote last year + news thoughts on the subject. My first essay was interested but I think I will need to change some details in my analysis on the topic with a fresh look... anyway, maybe I could post my first essay and the last slides I have presented during my presentation?

I will add some comments in english in order to avoid misunderstood. I will take some time this week-end to post it on the forum. What would be the best place to post such a thing in the forum?
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »

What would be the best place to post such a thing in the forum?

Designing notgames maybe?

Or the new blog?
Blackcorn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 01:13:45 PM »

First on the forum, then maybe on the blog if it looks good enough to be publish on it. Wink
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »

Welcome Simon.  Glad to see an art historian here.  I bet you have an interesting perspective on things Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: