Notgames Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:03:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There are other people like me?  (Read 6563 times)
Derrick

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:39:46 AM »

Hi, I'm Derrick.  I'm from the USA, and am coming to terms with the fact that I am a game designer and it is what I feel I must do.

I recently went back to school (changed my major field from engineering to game development/computer science) and am currently engaged in several projects that I am very excited about and can't wait to show you!

I do not have a website yet, but as soon as I make one (it is on my to-do list) I will post it on the forum so everyone can critique it and whatnot =)

I am elated to be part of this forum... I have been very disgruntled with the American games industry and have been having trouble finding where I "fit in", being someone who enjoys the experiences that interactive media can create, without needing it to be a "game".  I can say that I absolutely love Tale of Tales' work, and am proud to own a limited hard copy of The Path for PC.

The Path really was a "game changer" for me.  It was without a doubt the most immersive experience I have ever had (I played it for hours without realizing how engrossed I was), I truly felt as though I was in another world... similar to how audiences recently reacted to the Avatar movie.  I hope to be able to create similar experiences for those that see my work.

Time will always be the thing that kills me, truly
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »

Glad to hear that The Path has been so stimulating for you.

Welcome to the Salon des Refusés of the games industry! Wink
You're home now.  Kiss
Jeroen D. Stout

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 03:35:02 AM »

The Path really was a "game changer" for me.

I know how you feel Smiley
God at play

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 06:27:10 AM »

Welcome Derrick!  I'm happy to hear that you've found some like minds.  Can't wait to see what you're up to.

Welcome to the Salon des Refusés of the games industry! Wink

I was just reading about this in my art history book tonight. Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: