Notgames Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:27:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: We The Giants  (Read 9975 times)
Jeroen D. Stout

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »

http://wethegiants.thegiftedintrovert.com/

Here is a clever game I stumbled upon via Gamers With Jobs. It operates within the logic of standard games but has an angle of a notgame.

I will not reveal much more, it is a very short game Smiley
Erik Svedäng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »

Ooo I like it a lot, thanks for sharing!
Michaël Samyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »

So the whole thing grows as people play? That's excellent! I actually thought of such a game myself years ago. I was going to call it the slave game. It would be a multiplayer game and everyone would work together to build a gigantic pyramid. But I like the sacrifice aspect of this one better.
zerojuan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:43 PM »

interesting how some of the players died in vain.

"that's for not contributing to OUR pile jerk!"  Smiley
Kaworu Nagisa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »

interesting how some of the players died in vain.

"that's for not contributing to OUR pile jerk!"  Smiley

LOL Smiley

I find the concept of "Giants" really great but I myself was rather confused of what sort of message I should leave there. And looking for what people have left (at the time when I did it, too) I wasn't the only one. Plus, my observation is that gamers do not work very well as "leavers-of-wise-messages" Wink

The world needs organization ^_^
Henrik Flink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 03:02:55 PM »

Pretty cool game, was inspired to do a simular thing after playing nobi nobi boy. The level system in NNB is kind of simular, everybody is pitching in their score for the greater good. Should experiment more with this kind of concept.

Dagda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:02:58 AM »

Fantastic.

This is a perfect example of how a game/interactive experience/what have you can be used to make a point much more effectively than another medium might.

That moment, proceeding on after the "tutorial" with my mind reeling at the notion that I would play that role for someone else-

And then seeing precisely how-

And then making my way up the hundreds who had come before-

And then discovering I couldn't make it up because the staircase was blocked, someone had deliberately set themselves up along the way, which is just a great point in and of itself-

Oh, I just realized! *That's* why the sections of the staircase were two wide- all the ones below and above had observed the same situation, and acted in the same manner as I!

As you can see, my mind's still reeling. This thing would not have been able to affect me this deeply if I'd simply watched it play out as a passive audience.

Your daily does of devil's advocacy: "We're largely past the idea that games are solely for children, but many people are consciously trying to give their games more intellectual depth. Works of true brilliance are rarely motivated by insecurity."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: